Wednesday 20 March 2013

Tomato Brown Rice - GM Diet Day 5 Brown Rice with Tomatoes

GM Diet Day 5 is bit tough for Vegans who should consume Brown rice or chick peas or Soya chunks or red beans which are substitutes for Beef, along with tomatoes


Need to consume around 6-8 tomatoes on this day which is bit difficult.

So I prepared tomato soup and tomato brown rice where I can consume tomatoes as well as I can get on with Day 5 with no problem what so ever.

I never liked the taste of brown rice but this ended up heavenly. Very easy recipe. You will definitely love eating it.


Ingredients:
  • Medium Tomatoes - 2
  • Medium Onion - 1
  • Brown rice - 1/3 cup (since you need to consume 1 cup brown rice)
  • Garlic Cloves - 2
  • Olive Oil - 1 Spoon ( I used Borges Extra Light Olive Oil since we need to saute for a minute)
  • Salt - to taste (Not as per our normal levels. Decrease it as much as you can when you are on GM diet)
Procedure:
  1. Cook the brown rice and keep it aside.
  2. Take a pan and add 1 spoon of olive oil, chopped garlic cloves, chopped onions and saute it for a min.
  3. Now add the chopped tomatoes and cover the lid. Simmer it for 5 mins until they turn juicy. Add water if desired.
  4. Add brown rice and mix it well. Again saute it for 2 more mins.
  5. Delicious tomato brown rice is ready. You can add pepper if desired. 
  6. I never thought I can have brown rice. But I loved it after tasting it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Can I replace brown rice with white rice or lentils?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the recipe..it tasted delicious ! I just added a pinch of lemon at the end and it tasted great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete