Wednesday 20 March 2013

Vegetable Brown Rice - GM Diet Day 6 Brown Rice with Vegetables

GM Diet Day 6 is easy for Vegans who should consume Brown rice or chick peas or Soya chunks or red beans which are substitutes for Beef, along with vegetables (lots of greens)


Need to consume mixed vegetables on this day.

So I prepared vegetable soup and vegetable brown rice where I can consume vegetables in large quantity.

Since on Day 5 I had tomato brown rice, I had recipe of this in my mind and easily prepared and loved it very much.


Ingredients:
  • Chopped Garlic cloves - 2 tbsp
  • Chopped Onion - 1/4 cup
  • Chopped Spinach - 1/4 cup
  • Chopped Carrot - 1/4 cup
  • Chopped Tomatoes - 1/4 cup
  • Chopped Cabbage - 1/4 cup
  • Green Peas - 1/4 cup
  • Chopped Green Pepper - 2 tbsp
  • Brown rice - 1/4 cup (since you need to consume 1 cup brown rice)
  • Olive Oil - 1 Spoon ( I used Borges Extra Light Olive Oil since we need to saute for a minute)
  • Salt - to taste (Not as per our normal levels. Decrease it as much as you can when you are on GM diet)
Procedure:
  1. Take the pressure cooker and add 1 spoon of olive oil, add garlic cloves, green pepper, onions and all the vegetables and saute it for a minute.
  2. Now add the water and pressure cook for 3 whistles and switch off. Don't add salt while cooking.
  3. Now add salt and pepper (if desired) and mix it well.
  4. Serve it hot. It tasted delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I found your web site via Google while looking for a related topic, your website came up, it looks good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks
    brown rice receipes

    ReplyDelete